Saturday, May 29, 2010

Family

What is it about family?  My family is preparing for another family reunion in a couple of weeks.  This is going to be a special one because we are celebrating my parents 50th anniversary.  We are all congregating in their town and having a party.  What started out as two fifty years ago has swollen to forty something with great grandchildren on the way.   

Picture 1208I wonder if they had any idea what they were starting.  I know that when my husband and I were married 27 years ago, we didn’t. 

I love my family, I love being with them and spending time with them.  We talk on the phone with each other constantly and look forward to being together.  My hope is that someday my children will enjoy spending time together as much as me and my siblings do. 

Picture 791 I don’t know what it is about family, but it is amazing to me how you can see someone once a year and pick up like you spent every day with them.  I guess growing up together and having some of the same trials and triumphs together create bonds that never break.  Picture 737

I know  that the sacrifice and traveling that we have done to be with our families has paid off for my children.  Their aunts and uncles have been great examples to them, they have set the bar high and my kids know what the expectations are.  My brothers have spent time with my sons that I know has helped them on their journey to manhood.  My sisters have done the same for my girls.  A great extended family is a wonderful thing.    PA150185 I have also been lucky enough to have awesome in laws.  Grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins make the best support system.  Thank goodness Heavenly Father gave us families. 

No comments: