Saturday, May 1, 2010

Computers

Computers can be wonderful.  Can, being the operative word.  I love my laptop and would be lost without it (this could be a bad thing).  We recently moved our desktop up into the dinning room to have more control over the usage.  I swear I put everything back exactly they way I took it apart, but of course, when I fired the thing up, the internet didn’t work.  I messed with it for a while, until my husband finally called my 17 year old nephew to rescue me ( his exact words were, can you come help me so my wife will get off of my back).  It took him exactly three minutes to have the thing running.   

keypadI am having trouble installing Adobe flash player 10 onto my laptop.  I have hit the troubleshooting for the sight, but they expect me to read several pages of crap and know a bunch of techno babble that I do not understand.  Do they not understand that the ‘end users’ are comparative novices.  I have often dreamed of coming out with a simple, secure computer system that can be taken care of without having to call Dell every couple of months for a fix.  My suspicion is that computers and programming is built this way for job protection.  After watching my nephew messing with our desktop getting it in top running order, maybe they deserve job security.  Until there is a system the a mere layman like myself can mess with, they’ve got it.

 

1 comment:

Wish You Were Here said...

The actual comment was "Can come over and save me from my wife? She will not go to bed until the comupter is working".