Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summertime!

The last day of school has come and gone. I worked so much the last month, I awaited this last day with great anticipation. Remember as a kid, the sense of freedom you felt walking home on the last day, with your ‘your child has successfully completed’ letter. I do, that is what I felt this last day of school. I was so burned out and ‘done’ I couldn’t wait until it was over. I went to my daughters awards assembly on the last day, which was really enjoyable.

One tradition we started at our house is that we build a bonfire one the last day of school and burn all of the homework. We roast hotdogs and have smores. This serves two purposes, it is a cleansing process for us all, and it gets rid of all of the crap they drag home. We sort it out and keep the good stuff and burn the rest. I wish I would have had the chance to go through my school bag and burn some stuff. Copy of PA280036 Summertime is the best, the freedom, the heat, the swimming, the traveling. I am glad it is here. I am ready, I know my kids are ready, and my yard and my car. We have started off with a bang, we went to the pool the day after school got out, and we are heading on our first trip soon. Yeah! for summer.

No comments: