Thursday, September 25, 2008

Wedding Bells

     We are undergoing preparations in our family for our first wedding.  My oldest, Kristine is going to marry Brian in a couple of weeks.  This has been quite IMG_5394the experience for us.   luckily Kristine is used to being the first child, or should I say guinea pig.  She has been a really good sport about our inexperience.  She is also has very reasonable expectations.  During a conversation I had with her today,  I came to realize, that some of the expectations for this wedding are mine, not hers.  I guess I wish I had hind sight, and knew what is going to matter to her in ten or twenty years.  You think I would be able to think back to my own wedding and make that connection, but I haven't.  I think I have been too busy.  I think what I hope for her and Brian, is just a really nice day with a lot of good memories, and an idea of her families love and support for them.  I am really looking forward to spending time with everyone together.  Hopefully after the ceremony,  we can relax and enjoy each others company.  Kristine is not getting married in the town where she grew up.  She is getting married four hundred miles away.  I know the reason for this, is that the people that are most important to her,her family, can be there.  I am so excited for them as they start their new life together.  What a great couple of kids,  I just hope I can make it a good day for them.

1 comment:

rhf said...

We're here for you. We know how to party so don't worry about it being fun.