Saturday, September 20, 2008





I have kind of had a snake filled week.. There was a snake squished on the dirt road on the way out of our neighborhood. I didn't intentionally run over it myself, especially when it was still recognizable as a snake. I guess I was afraid some bits of it are going to stick to my tires and end up on my garage floor.

A few days ago, my daughter Karlee was heading into town when she got a frantic call from her friend who lives in the college dorms. When she got to this girls apartment, her friend was standing on her bed trying to stay away from the four foot long bull snake that had found its way into her dormroom. She called Karlee because she is a 'Wyoming girl'. She is from Utah and figured Karlee was more equiped to deal with the snake. They managed to herd the thing into a large jar and Karlee headed outside with it. She was stopped by the dorm manager, The woman took one look and Karlee with the snake and told her "I'm sorry, pets aren't allowed in the dorms. After going through the ordeal of catching the thing, Karlee could not believe it. She was dumfounded,"oh, I'm sorry" she said, and hucked the snake, jar and all out of the open window and exited the dorm.

I subbed in a science class this week and there was a python in a large glass tank in there. I am not a huge fan of snakes and the smell didn't help. I did a pretty good job just ignoring it until seventh period when the owner of the python came to class and decided she needed to drape the thing around her neck during class. I could only imagine the snake juice that was being extruded all over the desks as it slithered all over them. I told her, if it got loose, she was on her own. Thank goodness it stayed put. I did wash my hands eight times and used 6 pints of hand sanitizer.

Finally, I would like to pay tribute to our fish friends in Bedford Wyoming, who tragically lost their lives last weekend in a devastating fire. The only consolation is that it happened long enough after we stayed there, that our family can not be blamed for it. (Sorry Pearl, the sock theory just doesn't fly, or should I say float?)

2 comments:

rhf said...

I wonder if that fish knows how many people are mourning its passing. I hope it didn't suffer. It was AWESOME!

~PEARL & MAT~ said...

Dont worry ronalee, im sure it agonizingly suffocated long before its flesh was seered from its body. Snakes in houses/dormrooms or what have you are my worst fear. Thanks for giving me a reason not to sleep tonight.
Welcome to blogs.