Friday, February 12, 2010

The Olympics are here!

The Olympics are here and for the first time since we shut off the T.V. I am sorry.  I am an Olympics junkie.  If I could, I would settle myself down and do nothing but watch them from the opening ceremony, to the closing.  I don’t know if I like winter or summer better.  I don’t even know when it started, I just know I am hooked.  I have very vivid memories of watching the torch being run through Tacoma Washington while we lived there on it’s way to L.A..  I watched when it ran through Sheridan on it’s way to Salt Lake.  I remember Nadia’s perfect ten, and Mary Lou’s  ten with her injured ankle.  I have seen the Jamaican bob sled team, before the movie, and that English ski jumper that was so bad that they set new standards entry in to the games.  

412032_m05I know it won’t be the same catching bits and pieces on the internet, so all of you who have television, sit down with a bowl of popcorn and a warm blanket and watch an event for me. 

2 comments:

~PEARL & MAT~ said...

feelin your pain sis....no tv here either. me and my roommate are bummed.

Melissa said...

Don't you worry!!!! I will be watching every minute of it for you! Well almost every minute! I am olympic junkie!